The artificial Malta Lake was created through water damming of the river Cybina. In the close vicinity of the lake there is a communal forest, in the Eastern part of which there is the New Zoo on the Biała Góra.
The terrain around the Malta Lake are one of the top recreational centres of Poznań, and the lake itself is a frigate track. You will find here the famous Park Railway and the following attractions, too:
- Kopiec Wolności (Freedom Found),
- Monument for „Greater Poland Scouts” who died in battle for the independence of Poland 1918-1920,
- Biała Góra,
- Malta Fountain,
- Recreation Centre Malta Ski,
- Termy Maltańskie (Malta Thermal Baths),
- Seasonal Artificial Ice Rink,
- Seasonal Summer Cinema,
- Sledge Track,
- Rope Park,
- Mini-Golf Court, Training Field,
- Shopping Mall Malta,
- Poznan Bike Route and bike rent MaltaBike,
- Monument SS Poznań.